About the Client
One of the nation's largest research institutes, renowned for its groundbreaking work in medical research, embarked on an ambitious project. Focused on cancer medication research, the institute was processing over 40,000 different reports a day. The sheer volume and complexity of the data required an innovative solution, leading to the development of an Artificial Intelligence (AI) model.
The primary goal was to leverage AI to streamline the processing and analysis of vast amounts of research data. The institute aimed to create a unified source of medical data and analytics to enhance decision-making, accelerate research, and improve the quality of cancer care, While making sure its HIPAA, PCI-DSS and ISO complaint.
- Data Volume: Handling over 40,000 different reports daily required a robust and efficient system.
- Limited Time: The urgency of cancer research necessitated rapid processing, not constrained by staffing but by time.
- Infrastructure Limitations: Building an infrastructure to support data storage and analytics demands was a significant hurdle.
- Regulatory Compliance: Complying to regulations(such as HIPAA, PCI, ISO), especially concerning cloud computing and data governance, posed challenges.
- Development of an AI Model: A sophisticated AI model was created to handle the processing and analysis of the vast number of daily reports.
- Collaboration with Technology Partners: Engaging with tech companies to bring technical skills and expertise.
- Data Warehouse Creation: Aggregating data into a unified data warehouse and data lakes for research, Reporting, machine learning, ingesting and clinical decision-making.
Conclusion & Results
The AI innovation at one of the nation's largest research institutes represents a monumental advancement in cancer medication research. By harnessing AI's power, the institute has transformed its research process, overcoming significant challenges to make strides in the fight against cancer.